An Equity Bank Agent offers the full range of financial services found at an Equity Bank branch in the community.
To become an Equity Agent, you need the following:
- An existing business that has been operating successfully in the same location for a minimum of 12 months prior to application.
- Valid business permits for the existing business
- A strategic business location - accessibility, visibility and security
- A good reputation and high moral standing
- An excellent reach and catchment area
- Brief description of commercial activity- 12 months
- Current statements for the last 6 months
Agency Banking Documentation
- Agency Banking application duly completed and signed by the applicant
- Interior view of premises from the door
- Interior view showing stocks
- Outside view - 15 metres from the door showing nearby premises
- National ID and copies for principal applicant(s)
- A certificate of good conduct
- A brief description of commercial activity for the past 12 months (business profile)
- Bank and/or Loan statements from any other institution for the past 12 months
- Three (3) copies of pre-signed Equity Agent Contract to accompany the application
- Copy of certificate of incorporation or certificate of registration of business name as applicable
- Articles and memorandum of association/Partnership deed where applicable
- Board resolution (applicable to companies and partnerships)
- Valid business licence or permit for any lawful commercial activity carried on by the entity
- Audited financial records for the past 12 months
- Sketch map for business and home location
- Credit Reference Bureau report (CRB)
- Two passport size photos for every applicant
- Curriculum vitae (CV) of all the applicants
- Three coloured photos of the business outlet showing:
Make an enquiry today
Equity Bank offers prime level card acceptance facilities as the best solutions to receive card payments in your business. As a leading merchant acquirer, our Point of Sale terminals can process American Express®, VISA®, MasterCard®, Maestro®, Discover®, Diners Card®, Union Pay® and Japan Credit Bureau® (JCB) cards. Our solutions are secure and can help grow your business through offering your customers a choice of payment means and an added convenience.
The 3 Categories of Merchant Payment Solutions
Equity Bank's stand-alone point of sale terminals enable businesses to securely accept debit and credit card payments via high-speed GPRS provided by the bank at no additional cost, or an ethernet setup using the business’ internet connection.
Intergrated Retail Solutions (pin-pads)
This solution is suitable for businesses with several pay-points/tills and uses the local area network to send transactions for processing. It is suitable for medium to large supermarkets, hospitals and high-traffic retail points.
We offer a payment gateway that enables businesses to accept secure online payments through their websites using VISA®, MasterCard® and American Express® cards for both domestic and international card transactions. 3D Secure authentication is offered for supported cards.
6 great benefits of being an Equity merchant
- By signing up you acquire all major card schemes
- The convenience to customers results in increased sales
- It’s a secure method of transacting for both you and the customer
- It ensures customer convenience and satisfaction
- It’s a cost-effective method of receiving payment
- There are free balance enquiries for all Equity Bank cardholders
Your business has the chance for a complimentary inclusion on the American Express Selects Program. This means free online-marketing at a global level with the possibility of reaching millions of Amex cardholders in over 120 countries.
Issue Resolution, Enquiries and Feedback Management
- For any enquiries on our Merchant Payment Solutions, reach us on 0763026000 / 0711026000/ 0763063000
- For Merchant enquiries & feedback email us on firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 0763026121
- For Transactional issues/disputes email us on email@example.com
- For Authorization and merchant statement requests email us on firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0763026115 / 0711026115
How to Sign Up for Merchant Payment Solutions
- To sign up for Merchant Payment Solutions, visit your nearest Equity Bank Branch.
Make an enquiry today